Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2018, 07:04:34 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Susan Mcfadden Forum  |  Susan McFadden  |  Show Reviews! (Moderator: GlenS)  |  Topic: A very special Charlotte show by Dcobble
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A very special Charlotte show by Dcobble  (Read 2035 times)
Dcobble

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2015, 09:52:18 PM »

Hey guys,
     This all started with seeing a few second commercial of a group called Celtic Woman. All I saw is a long haired lady standing in front of a castle singing a song that all of us know as "The Voice". For nearly a month after I thought there was only one in group. Thankfully I saw the commercial again and Celtic Woman was actually Celtic Women. This was in summer of 2007 and did not have any interest in going to see them live, it was April 3rd. 2010 that I attended my first Celtic Woman concert.

I arrived early to drop off tickets for Sandy and an M&G for Don. This night to me was one of the most important because I finally made it to 50. It happened the lady beside me asked the question that I know Mr. Peabody was asked, "is this your first show". I told her I had been to a few in past and was looking forward to tonight. This was a night for Meav, many of us knew that possibly that was the very last time we would ever hear Meav perform live. It started out with The Sky, The Dawn and The Sun. We hear Mairead start this beautiful song what will be Meav final show. As the evening flew by too fast (as it always does), I began to notice Meav's face was wet, I realized that this night was more emotional than it was for us. After the final song, Mairead Carlin said a very special thank you to Meav and tears began to fall for not only Meav but us aswell.  The audience to me was one of the best I had ever seen, many standing o's, cheering, applauding and clapping to Mairead's solo. After the show two guys walked up to me and told thank you for leading in clapping along to Mairead's solo. I never thought of myself as a leader but for Celtic Woman anything is possible. And another gentleman told me we know you had a wonderful time. Well it was time for the M&G, and I was very nervous because there we things I wanted to tell them and worried that I was going to ruined what was an unforgettable night. This night I could not be the last but I settled for the middle. In hall way  we see Maggie and Dave Kavanagh walking around and checking on everyone. The girls came out the same hallway we were in and said hello. The time arrived and I knew what I wanted to say. I told the girls this was my 50th show and to thank them I gave to each of their Charities. They told me this is the best gift anyone could them, it will help soooo many people and they are so fortunate to be where they are. Mairead Carlin told them thank very much and have a wonderful day tomorrow. I am not sure if any has read her right up about her charity, but her uncle needed help and The Rainbow Project was able to help him. I have never seen each girl so happy. Mairead told this is what we want more than anything. Each one is so fortunate to be doing what they truly love to do; we need to remember the ones that are not so fortunate. Well as always it was over way too quickly but this night was not quite over yet. They showed us the exit and this exit was actually the stage door exit. Sarah and Edel were already there talking to some of us, next we see Antony, Brian, and Chris (newest dancer) they came out, then Mairead said a few word and gave me that look  gave me a punch on the arm (now I know how Ray feels). Meav came out and said hello and got on the bus. Mairead came out with a black & white shirt and the pinkest shoes I had ever seen. She seemed to not be feeling very well and said hello and got on the bus. Next Susan gave all of us a wave and she too got on the bus. Next we see Maggie and Dave Kavanagh come out and talk a bit to us for a bit. Moments later we see Tommy, Brian, the Ewan and each took time to talk. This was a night that I will never forget. I thank GOD every day for showing me that there are beautiful people in the world like Celtic Woman, and it is not very all you need to do is look into their hearts and she what he has created.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:08:24 PM by GlenS » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:49:29 PM »

Glad you had a good time and 50 shows must be nice I only have 13 and none this year as they are skipping the upper mid west this year
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    Susan Mcfadden Forum  |  Susan McFadden  |  Show Reviews! (Moderator: GlenS)  |  Topic: A very special Charlotte show by Dcobble « previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
    Susan Mcfadden Forum, A very special Charlotte show by Dcobble - Theme by GlenS