Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2018, 12:46:26 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Susan Mcfadden Forum  |  Susan McFadden  |  Show Reviews! (Moderator: GlenS)  |  Topic: Review by Dcobble for Richmond & Durham shows. How sweet they are!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Review by Dcobble for Richmond & Durham shows. How sweet they are!  (Read 2032 times)
Dcobble

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2015, 09:51:32 PM »

Hey Guys,
     My journey began in Richmond Va, a place that I had never thought about going to. I arrived at the Hotel and quickly learned that a parking garage doesnot exist in this area. Luckily the hotel I was to stay in had Valet parking for a VERY reasonable price. This hotel is considered an historical landmark, it was built it 1822 and was recently updated. The elevator did not operate like the usual one you see. You pull the cord and the elevator comes down. To get to the room you have to go down a flight of stairs, through a door and another flight of stairs. Obviously I was hope the room was going to be worth it. For the door you needed the largest key I had ever seen. Once inside it was one of the most beautiful rooms I had ever been in. Real marble floors in the bath room floor and sink, a fire place that was unfornately closed off and one of the softest bed I had ever laid my head on.
    The concert was truly wonderful; I cannot get enough of Mairead Carlin's Nela Fasnia. This is truly her song. The audience most of the time applauded, but nothing more. No stand o's for Amazing Grace, any of Mairead's solo's and not even You Raise Me Up. But for Parting Glass the audience finally gave them the standing O's they deserve.

Next show was Durham NC, a venue like no other and this time I was able to snag a M&G front what is the most difficult PBS station to deal with. PBS told us that the M&G would be a pre show when all the other are post, so I had my doubts that this was in fact true. I arrived 2 hours before the show and was able to snag a parking space near the venue for free. I received my envelope and in fact the concert was a post show. In many ways I was so glad, because I like many of you find it much better as a post than pre. Many of us believe that Meav's version of the voice is only second to the one and only Lisa Kelly. Meav shows such passion for music and she bring this song to a new level. Special moments were many. During Tar Susan found the cutest little girl in world to dance with and you will hear more about her in moments. During Ray's solo he told us before he left the stage he had a gift for a very special lady and gave her his drum sticks. During the final song Parting Glass Susan saw that little girl and as she continued to sing she kneelt down and paid her a visit. A truly beautiful moment for everyone of us.  The audience was much better than in Richmond, lots of applauding, some standing O's and clapping along with Mairead's solos. It was time for our M&G and Sandy Harlow and I were determined to be the last at the M&G. This time it looked like we were going to get our wish. They brought us into a large room and we timed just right and I was indeed the final one thanks in large part to Sandy. Unfornately Sandy had issue with her camera and I was able to take a few pics that I hoped would be ok. It was time for me and I received hugs all the around and I told them that I will be giving their present the next day in Charlotte. I decided to go by the buses and saw the little girl this time with her mother. Instead of waiting by the buses I decided to go to my car and as I walked away, I saw Susan giving the little girl the largest hug I had ever seen. You could to see that smile from that little girl from miles away. A truly beautiful moment that made me more proud than ever to be a Celtic Woman fan!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:13:18 PM by GlenS » Logged
Starman

Lovely Susan McFadden!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 04:28:32 PM »

Thank for the fine reviews of these shows Daniel!  Your description of Susan's interaction with the little girl at Durham was heartwarming.  What  a tremendously kind-hearted person she is!  But then, we her fans, already knew that! 

The incident reminds me somewhat of her interaction with the children in the Home for Christmas DVD prior to her singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town.  It's like having a boon given you by a beautiful angel!  Nothing could  be more magical to a child that this!  :) :) :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Susan Mcfadden Forum  |  Susan McFadden  |  Show Reviews! (Moderator: GlenS)  |  Topic: Review by Dcobble for Richmond & Durham shows. How sweet they are! « previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Susan Mcfadden Forum, Review by Dcobble for Richmond & Durham shows. How sweet they are! - Theme by GlenS