Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 02:08:44 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Susan Mcfadden Forum  |  Susan McFadden  |  Show Reviews! (Moderator: GlenS)  |  Topic: Celtic Woman 10th Anniversary tour-Pittsburgh, PA March 10th, 2015
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman 10th Anniversary tour-Pittsburgh, PA March 10th, 2015  (Read 2788 times)
SusanMcFaddenFan12

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »

This is going to be scattered probably because im really not sure if the set list that is in the program is in the same order as it is in the show.  To begin, I am a massive Meav fan & have known of her from her Anuna days in the early 2000's & this was my 10th show total but my 1st time getting to see Meav sing live. I've been dreaming of this day for OVER 10 years.
1: The Sky, The Dawn, and the Sun was awesome!!! They all looked like they were having a blast singing it & They were all full of smiles & their harmonies were INCREDIBLE!! Mairead N was absolutely FULL of energy & was rocking out during her solo violin parts!! She was absolutely tearing her bow apart!
2: Meav singing Cailin Alainn/Dulaman- THis was different b/c Meavs pronunciation was somewhat different than Lynn/Lisas pronunciation of the songs but Meavs take on them seemed to be 'bouncier' than how Lisa/Lynn sung it. It was absolutely beautiful!
3: Mairead Carlins 'Newgrange' was really great. I loved it!
4: Mairead N once again changed the arrangement of 'The Butterfly' almost completely & I like the current version best!  It was really awesome!
5: Tommy Martin doing 'The New Ground'-As Ive said in other reviews, I love this piece!
6: Orinoco Flow was AWESOME!!! The choir guys did not lift the girls off of the steps this time which I was surprised about. Their harmonies were INCREDIBLE! I LOVE Meavs voice in this piece!!
7:Amazing Grace- I really have no words to describe how amazing this song sounded with Meav! I really don't!
8: Susan singing Caledonia was good, but I miss Mairead accompanying her on violin & instead Brian accompanies her on piano.
9:After hours is one of my favorite parts of the show! I love it!
10: Si Do Mhaimeo I- Meav was AMAZING in this duet.
11: Teir Abhaile Riu was HILARIOUS! I have never laughed so hard in my life! I was able to see every performers facial expressions & I nearly died laughing at all of their facial expressions! The look Meav gave Susan & Mairead C were priceless!!-& Also the other way around!  Mairead C came into the audience & sat on someones lap who was sitting in the row right behind me, so Mairead C was a foot away from me! 
12: Susan singing Isle Hope was AWESOME!!
13:Nil Se'n La was so much fun to watch! They all were having a blast on stage!!
14:Danny Boy was BREATHTAKING with the addition of Meav combined with Susans & Mairead Cs voice!!
15: Mo Ghile Mear was beautiful!!
16: Mairead Carlin singing Nella Fantasia- No words can describe how incredible of a job she does singing this song & Ewan on guitar=WOW!!! It will always be my favorite Mairead C solo!!
17: You Raise Me Up sounded INCREDIBLE with Meav!! She has such a powerful voice that compliments Susans also super powerful voice SO well!!
18: Now the most unexpected thing of the night! Meav singing "THE VOICE"  It was STUNNING!! She NAILED it!
19: Mairead N playing "Granuaile's Dance' was AWESOME! I LOVE that piece!!
20: The Parting Glass was INCREDIBLE!! Meav can hit such high notes & sounded INCREDIBLE with Mairead C who can also hit very high notes! Susan was great on that song too!

I don't exactly remember what went on during the Finale b/c that's when Susan came off the stage & HUGGED ME & personally asked me if I enjoyed the show!!!(before running back onstage)  That was COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED!!

I did not have M&G so I didn't meet Meav unfortunately. They never came out of the stage door b/c it was raining plus they have a day off tomorrow so are probably staying in Pittsburgh so they were in no rush to come out into the rain 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:42:16 PM by SusanMcFaddenFan12 » Logged
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 03:28:37 PM »

Very nice review Ann and BTW when now doing stage door M&G you have to remember they have the M&G after the shows now so you have to wait another hour or so for them to come out at the stage door
    SusanMcFaddenFan12

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:23:15 PM »

Very nice review Ann and BTW when now doing stage door M&G you have to remember they have the M&G after the shows now so you have to wait another hour or so for them to come out at the stage door

I already knew that...I read the reviews people post in other forums
    Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
    Susan Mcfadden Forum  |  Susan McFadden  |  Show Reviews! (Moderator: GlenS)  |  Topic: Celtic Woman 10th Anniversary tour-Pittsburgh, PA March 10th, 2015 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
    Susan Mcfadden Forum, Celtic Woman 10th Anniversary tour-Pittsburgh, PA March 10th, 2015 - Theme by GlenS